Loaded on April 16, 2018 by Matthew Clarke
As a digital subscriber to Criminal Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from Matthew Clarke:
- PrimeCare: Less Medical Care for Prisoners, Higher Expenses for Taxpayers, More Profits for Corporate Owner, May 1, 2022
- $8.5 Million Paid by Pennsylvania DOC for Death of Asthmatic Prisoner Improperly Pepper-Sprayed, May 1, 2022
- $2.2 Million Settlement Over Transgender Georgia Prisoner’s Suicide Is Largest in State DOC History, May 1, 2022
- $316,673 Settlement in New Mexico Prisoner’s Lawsuit Over Stabbing at GEO-Operated Private Prison, May 1, 2022
- Ninth Circuit Says Nevada DOC Not Micromanaged by Requirement to Treat Prisoner’s Severe Mental Illness; Upholds Preliminary Injunction, May 1, 2022
- Texas Rangers Often Lackadaisical in Prisoner Death Investigations, April 1, 2022
- Massachusetts Appellate Court Reinstates Prisoner’s Lawsuit Over Food Substitution, April 1, 2022
- $14.3 Million in Costs, Attorney Fees and Interest Awarded Against GEO Group in Suits for Not Paying Minimum Wage to Immigrant Detainee Workers in Washington, April 1, 2022
- Eighth Circuit Denies Qualified Immunity to Private Companies Providing Missouri Prisoner’s Health Care, April 1, 2022
- $170,000 in Attorney’s Fees, Solitary Confinement Reforms Achieved in Settlement of Maine Prisoner’s Lawsuits, April 1, 2022
More from these topics:
- In a First of Its Kind Alert, Your Phone Became a Police Radio in Search for Subway Shooter, April 14, 2022. Police State-Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance, Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Postal Inspectors Have Been Illegally Spying on Americans, April 13, 2022. Mail, Police State-Surveillance, Warrantless Searches.
- Police Are Spending COVID-19 Relief Funds on New Technology, April 11, 2022. COVID-19, Cost of Prison Systems, Police State-Surveillance.
- ACLU Report Suggests Disturbing Pattern of Police Surveilling Protests to Identify People Peacefully Protesting Police Brutality, March 15, 2022. Police Misconduct, Police State-Surveillance.
- Fear and Freedom Twenty Years Later: How Post 9/11 Security Measures Overstepped Privacy, March 15, 2022. War on Terror, Police State-Surveillance, Material Support to Terrorism.
- Google Confirms Increasing Police Reliance on Geofence Warrants, March 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance.
- Search Your Constitution in Vain for the Fourth Amendment—the DOJ Seized It (Stealthily), March 15, 2022. FBI, Police State-Surveillance, Suspicionless Searches.
- NYPD Using Secret Money for Surveillance Tech, March 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance.
- ‘Possible Cause’ Is All That’s Needed for Geofence Warrants, March 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance.
- What to do if a cop tries to scan your face during a traffic stop, March 12, 2022. Traffic stop, Police State-Surveillance.