Loaded on April 16, 2018 by Matthew Clarke
As a digital subscriber to Criminal Legal News, you can access full text and downloads for this and other premium content.
Already a subscriber? Login
More from Matthew Clarke:
- New Federal ‘Fresh Start’ Student Loan Policy May Help Prisoners in Default, Oct. 31, 2022
- Georgia Jail Settles Suit Filed by Mentally Ill Female Detainees With Policy Changes and $1.2 Million in Attorney Fees and Costs, Oct. 31, 2022
- Fifth Circuit Affirms Denial of Qualified Immunity to Texas Jailers Who Refused Medical Care to Detainee Dying of Drug Overdose, Oct. 31, 2022
- Washington Supreme Court Clarifies Burden of Production Standard for Entrapment to Be Entitled to Jury Instruction, Oct. 15, 2022
- ACLU Pries Loose Employment Record of New Hampshire Trooper Who Detained Woman on Falsified Evidence, Leading to $237,500 Settlement, Sept. 30, 2022
- Third Illinois Guard Found Guilty In Fatal Beating of Handcuffed State Prisoner, but Attorney General Refuses To Settle With Family, Sept. 30, 2022
- Census Bureau Report Finds Risk of Death Nearly Triples for Prisoners After Release, Sept. 30, 2022
- $7 Million Paid to California Detainee Left Quadriplegic Due to Jail Guards’ Alleged Negligence, Sept. 30, 2022
- Ohio County Pays $4 Million To Settle Claim Over Death of Jail Detainee, Sept. 30, 2022
- California Court of Appeal Announces Term ‘Actual Killer’ in Revised Felony-Murder Statute Refers to Person Who ‘Personally Killed’ Victim, Not Necessarily Same as Person Who ‘Caused’ Death, for Resentencing Purposes Under § 1170.95, Sept. 15, 2022
More from these topics:
- Prison Profiteer Is Using Sandra Bland’s Death to Sell Surveillance Technology, Sept. 30, 2022. Seizure of Prisoner Funds, Police State-Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance.
- The FBI’s Gestapo Tactics: Hallmarks of an Authoritarian Regime, Sept. 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance.
- Tech Giants Support Ban on Geofence and Reverse Keyword Warrants, Sept. 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance.
- Psychological Repercussions of Surveillance, Sept. 15, 2022. Mental Health, Police State-Surveillance.
- Chicago PD Is Spying on Social Media Using Fake Profiles Provided by the FBI, Sept. 15, 2022. FBI, Electronic Surveillance, Social Media.
- The Catalog of Carceral Surveillance: Voice Recognition and Surveillance, Sept. 1, 2022. Police State-Surveillance.
- All Ohio Prison Guards to Wear Body Cams, Sept. 1, 2022. Guard Brutality/Beatings, Police State-Surveillance, Civil Rights Violations.
- FBI Gets New Mass Surveillance Tool, Aug. 15, 2022. FBI, Police State-Surveillance.
- The Catalog of Carceral Surveillance: Prison Gaming and AR/VR Services, Aug. 1, 2022. Seizure of Prisoner Funds, Prisoner Media, Police State-Surveillance, Global Tel*Link Corp.
- Everybody’s Guilty: To the Police State, We’re All Criminals Until We Prove Otherwise, July 15, 2022. Police State-Surveillance.